Monday, December 30, 2013

Everybody Does It

Happy Monday! I am home sick today-which totally stinks because 1.) I'm bored 2.) I need to be at work...a lot to do and 3.) Of course the obvious-I feel like death. So to occupy my time, I thought I'd pop in and get one last post in for 2013.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season. We have one more holiday and then it's all back to normal. Of course we have to get through January and all the resolutions, but that is to be expected. Everyone does the resolution thing, right? Even if you don't intend do, it is the perfect time for a fresh start on whatever your plans are.  I do have a few things I'd like to do:

Run a marathon
I actually had this goal at the end of 2012, but life happened, things came up, and I was unable to dedicate the time to training. No excuses this year.

Grow the blog
Thanks to a gift from the Hubby the blog will be seeing some changes this next month or so. Once they have been put together, I am hoping to get a few more readers.

Run (or exercise) for 30 days
February first is my big 3-0, and it is not something I'm looking forward to. Not because the number, but more because I'd always figured I'd be further than I am. I thought I'd have a career and instead I have a job-I guess I just want to feel more accomplished. But in good time I think I will, so with that said I plan on running (or exercising) everyday for the 30 days before my thirtieth birthday. Good times ahead.

Get in shape
I know everyone has the resolution to lose weight and whatnot, but this one goes hand-in-hand for the marathon goal. I won't be able to run 26.2 miles in the shape I'm in, so I better toughen up! But of course I could stand to lose a little weight too...if it was up to my doctor a lot of weight. But I've been the weight he wants me at and let's just say my mom thought I did not look good. She actually thought I was too skinny at my wedding, and I was 15 lbs over the doctor's goal. Everyone has their own ideal weight, and I'll know mine when I'm there. :)

That about wraps it up. I'm going to leave you with some random pictures from the last few days...

I wore one of my new shirts to work Christmas Eve...I rather like it


My Mom's dog decided to lay in the middle of all of us Christmas morning as we opened gifts, so she was covered with a little paper...


The Hubby got an electric blanket and two camping chairs that he was slightly excited about


And we finally went down to Oceanside and checked out a brewery the Hubby has been wanting to go to...


Besides their over-sized tables and the cool atmosphere, they didn't have too much going for them. We redeemed the trip with a visit to Mother Earth Brewing-much better beverages!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and SAFE New Year's. Good luck with those resolutions and I'll see you in 2014.

Questions...

1.) Do you have a New Year's resolution?

2.) Any party plans out there to ring in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment