Saturday, December 21, 2013

That's Never Happened Before

I went to bed late last night, which normally happens when my Mom and Matilda come to town....added to the fact that the Hubby and Matilda stayed up late, drinking a few beers, smoking cigars, and watching Django. So when I finally woke up this morning, and rolled over to see what time it was, imagine my surprise when I saw 11:20. 11:20??!! How does that even happen!? I guess I really needed it, because I was solidly asleep until then.

But as much as it feels good, I feel like the day is wasted. Bummer...

So I know I missed Wednesday's workout recap, so here it is:

Thursday 12/12: Ran 2 miles

Saturday 12/14: Did some running intervals for thirty minutes

Sunday 12/15: Walking intervals for 45 minutes

Wednesday 12/18: Actually made it to the gym for some elliptical time

I don't know what I did for the intervals on Saturday, but on Sunday I picked one of Julie's walking intervals to follow. Boy was it challenging! I didn't workout as much as I should have, but it is a start.

I have also been trying to take more pictures of my meals, but I guess I am still learning that part of blogging because all that was on my camera was this pic


This was my lunch Monday-Wednesday and it was pretty good! I took two pieces of turkey lunch meat and cut them up, combined it with cottage cheese, tomatoes, and cucumbers and dug in! Nice, light, and refreshing.

Yesterday at work we celebrated my boss's birthday, which is actually the 24th but since he off next week we did it yesterday. Let's just say we had been looking forward to this day for months! Last year he told all of us not to do anything for his birthday, and then come January he told me and our department manager that he was kind of bummed we actually listened to him. So, we decided to go all out!



Needless-to-say, he was pleasantly surprised when he opened his door and we all shouted "SURPRISE!" at 6:30am yesterday. So fun!!

In other birthday news, my not-so-little brother turned 23 last Tuesday....Happy Birthday to him!! Love you Matilda! :)


Hope you guys are ready for Christmas-last weekend and all that jazz...let the last minute shopping begin....ahem, talking to you Hubsters.

Questions...

1. What is the craziest prank/celebration you have pulled off at work?

2. Who haven't you shopped for yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment