Saturday, December 14, 2013

Back on the Band Wagon

Hello friends! Hope everyone is doing well and getting their last minute Christmas shopping taken care of. Two more weekends to tie up lose ends, then it is all fun from there.

In any case, after my eye troubles I am happy (and relieved) to report that my eye is 100% healed. I didn't wear my contacts for a few days, which felt like forever, but it was definitely for the best. I would be lying if I didn't say I was a tad (read: VERY) apprehensive to take my contacts out the first day I wore them again. I was paranoid I'd do it again or something, but everything is A-Okay!

With  all the four-eye loveliness I endured for four days, not much running took place. To make matters worse, I didn't register for the Renegade Santa race in Irvine I wanted to do today. Major bummer...but after beating myself up for a little, and having a pity party (sorry if you didn't get your invite...you know how the mail is around this time of year) I decided to get over myself. I mean, life happens, and often times so does something else...and usually they're one in the same...haha...moving on now. I can't even count how many times in the last year that I've been going strong with the running and then life just decided to pop in and say hello. You get sick, you get injured, family emergencies occur, but that is life. So, you just ask yourself, are you gonna stay down? And for me, that answer is no, no I am not.

Enough with my little preachy moment-thanks for letting me vent that out. (Not that you had a choice...heehee.) The past week I have shopped a lot, wrapped numerous presents, baked cupcakes, and enjoyed copious amounts of hot cocoa. YUM!


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, walking into the house and seeing the Christmas tree all decorated and lit up, with all the fun presents around the tree. There is just something about it...


Thanks to all our home improvements this is the first year that we actually have a sofa in this room with the tree. In the past, it is usually our tree and a rug. So sad....it is very nice to see it all together this year. Especially since my Mom and Matilda will be joining us for the first time at our house for Christmas! So excited....oh and Mom-when will you be here???

Another thing I love about the holidays: Christmas lights! I remember when I was younger my sister and I would have a contest to see who saw the most lights on houses whenever we would go somewhere at night. She could only count the houses out her side of the window and I could only count the ones out mine. I told the Hubsters this and he laughed....I guess it was pretty silly, but my sister and I would have fun. Miss you Jay-jay!

One night last week we drove around our block and saw this house


Too much fun!! It is hard to tell in the picture, but there was sooo much going on. I love it!!

I just finished some interval running and am off to run some errands. The hubby is working at the brewery this weekend, so I am on my own. I am going to go stock up on some veggies and healthy ingredients for dinners this coming week. I'm definitely going to use a few ideas from my old boss's blog. The meat sauce looks incredible! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Questions...

1. Are you ready for Christmas?

2. Any good, healthy recipes you'd like to share?

1 comment:

  1. I am ready for Christmas Day, but I haven't got gifts for everybody yet. I will though, I most definitely will. Maybe... I hope...

    ReplyDelete