Wednesday, January 8, 2014

So Far, So Good

Well hello 2014!!

Hope everyone had a great New Year's-parties, drinks, and then those lovely resolutions. :)

I am happy to report that my running goal for January is off to a great start. I have exercised everyday so far, some more than others, but always a minimum of one mile. Yay me!!

Here is what I have done so far:

Wednesday 1/1: Ran outside 1.75 miles

Thursday 1/2: Ran outside 1.3 miles

Friday 1/3: Walked on the treadmill 1.5 miles

Saturday 1/4: Walked outside 2.25 miles

Sunday 1/5: Walked outside 1.5 miles

Monday 1/6: Went to the gym and did the elliptical for 30 mins

Tuesday 1/7: Walked outside 1 mile

Wednesday 1/8: Ran outside 1.25 miles

Phew!! I know it may not seem like a lot, but for now just getting back to a routine feels awesome! Eventually I plan on incorporating longer cardio sessions and some weights. All in good time though. If I make my goal this month, we'll expand on it next month!

Not much else has been going on, so I'll just share a few pictures from the ol' cell phone with you...

 
 We bought an awesome candle for the holidays from Bath and Body Works and last week we were watching a movie and had the candle lit. Out of nowhere it cracks and falls apart. Bummer...


I got a new pair of shoes I had been wanting from my Hubby for Christmas, but once I tried them on I kind of didn't like them. So I exchanged them for the new Mizuno Wave Inspires. They arrived today...along with a super comfy pair of Moving Comfort shorts. LOVE! <3


Yes-this is how we "walk" our dog...don't judge. We had decided to take the old man (the dog, not the Hubby) on a walk Sunday and got about a mile into it when he just stopped and wouldn't (couldn't?) walk anymore. So the Hubby had to carry him the home. Yeah, maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Hope you're all having a good week, getting back to the flow of things again. It's a pity to think our next paid holiday isn't until May...darn!

Questions...

1. What did you do for New Years?

2. How are those resolutions treating you? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment