Sunday, November 24, 2013

Home Improvements

Do you guys remember that show? I think it was one of the few shows that my parents and my sister and I all agreed on watching. Of course my sister only watched it for Jonathan Taylor Thomas...any other JTT fans out there?

So, I have finally put together a few pictures of the stuff we've been doing around the house. A lot of the things (the most time consuming things) you can't really see in pictures-like the baseboards, repainting some walls, etc.-but just take my word for it, it looks a lot better.

Here is the before picture of our entry way:


Not too shabby, but it lacked some thing.....so here is the after:


We repainted the ledge on the half wall on the left, hung a mirror instead of the hooks, and then got a small cabinet to put there. I was really looking for a table, but a lot off them were either too small, or in one case on the one I really like, one little inch too big. (Jeeesh!) All in all, I am pretty please with this little area. I just don't know what I am going to put in those cabinets. Ideas?

This picture is the before of our first little room once you walk in the house. I think you could use it for either a formal dinning area or a living room. You can see we originally had it as a dinning area:


But we hardly ever ate there unless we had people over. Plus, it wasn't even our table, so....we changed it into a living room:


That chair is actually going back into the office, we thought we could incorporate it in this room but it didn't fit. Please notice the shelves on the wall behind the sofa-the ones my hubby made and I sanded, stained, sanded again, and then sealed. Phew! But really, with all that work, we saved over $100!! Plus, I also got the exact size shelves I was looking for.

As far as the family room, the couch, chair, and coffee table in the above picture was there since we moved in, but I had always wanted a sectional sofa. After four years, and many frustrations, I finally got my couch!


We're still looking for another small table for the right side of the sofa, or possibly a floor lamp with a little ledge, but the main stuff has been completed!

Oh, and one last thing I put together for the laundry room:


I really wanted hooks in the laundry room for hanging up things that are still wet and need to dry (like towels or sweaty gym clothes) so this works out well.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving and to see everyone's reactions to our home improvements. We are expecting about 14 people....a good amount, right? I am definitely looking forward to spending time with my mom and brother, since they will be out from Wednesday to Sunday....whoo hoo!!  :)

Until next time, have a great Sunday!

Questions...

1. What are your Thanksgiving plans?

2. What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment