Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween and Home Improvements

Happy Belated Halloween! I hope everyone had a good and safe Halloween. We didn't do too much-dinner with the in-laws and passing out candy to the little (and not so little) trick-or-treaters.

We did have some contests at work for both costume and pumpkin. We were trying to convince my co-worker to do the Grumpy Cat pumpkin, but she is anti-cat and wouldn't hear of it. So instead we did Medusa-which I thought was pretty creative:

 
 
Apparently those who voted enjoyed Mickey Mouse a little more. Not sure how Mickey competes with Medusa, Miley Cyrus, Duck Dynasty, and even the crazy "Ain't nobody has time for that?" lady. Mickey was the only carved pumpkin (the rest were painted or dressed up) so maybe people are too traditional-or, maybe the department that did Mickey was the largest and the supervisor sent an email to everyone telling them to vote for it. Just saying.... 
 
In any case, I did my own pumpkin for our departmental entertainment...
 


Turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

The husband did dress up a little and tried to scare the little ones on Halloween. Unfortunately they didn't find Larry King in a sombrero all too frightening....


The weekend passed in a blur-a blur of paint, furniture set ups, and all that fun stuff. We finally got our table in and put it together-which took most of the day Saturday. (This includes going back to the furniture store since they forgot to give us a piece of the table.)


We were able to eat our first dinner on the table Saturday night-KFC....classy!

We're still waiting on the couch and ottoman. I'm also working on dinning room décor, so if you have any ideas, shoot them my way. Next weekend is the laundry room-can't wait to show you how it turns out!

Wednesday I will be starting my new weekly traditional blog post...stay tuned for the excitement. (Not really, but who knows....) Hint: it actually has to deal with fitness and not the randomness that is my life.

On one last note-did anyone happen to notice what is back?!


What does it say about America that this gives us warm fuzzies (unless that is just me) because it means Christmas is right around the corner. YAY!

Questions...

1. What were your Halloween festivities?

2. What makes you feel like the holidays are near?

2 comments:

  1. 1) Handing out candy to the kiddos who came a-knocking..... didn't have that many, maybe about half
    of what we had last year.....

    2) Colder weather.....Christmas stuff being put up in the stores before Halloween is over......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always know the holidays are near when my wife starts saying things like "This is what you can get me for Christmas" or, "I could really use some new running shoes" lol

    ReplyDelete